Best bio for Instagram If you want to stand out from the crowd on Instagram, your bio is a great place to start.
A user’s bio is one of the first things they see when they follow them, so it’s an opportunity to make a good first impression.
But what should your Instagram bio say? If you’re struggling with ideas, we have plenty of suggestions. Here are 220 examples you can use as inspiration for your own bio.
Table of Contents
How to use this list
Your Instagram bio is the first thing that your followers will see. It’s an opportunity to stand out from the crowd and make a good first impression.
It’s also the perfect place to promote your business and encourage engagement. We’ve compiled a list of 220+ ideas for your Instagram bio in 2022.
Whether you’re a new business or an established brand, we’re sure you’ll find something that inspires you.
220+ Bio for Instagram in 2022
If you’re struggling with ideas, we have plenty of suggestions. Here are 220 examples you can use as inspiration for your own bio. – Offer a free gift. Many businesses give away free gifts with their products.
You can do the same on Instagram by promising a freebie to your followers. You could also offer a discount on your products or services. – Use emojis.
You can use emojis as part of your bio, or as a hashtag. This can help your photos get more attention and engagement, especially on Stories. – Ask your followers to take part in a challenge.
You could challenge your followers to do something active, like go for a run, or something creative, like drawing a picture. – Post a question.
You can ask a question that will inspire discussion, such as “What do you think about…”, or “What’s the best way to…”. – Share a quote.
Find a quote that inspires you and your followers, or makes a relevant point about your business. – Update your followers with industry news.
Show your followers you’re keeping up with the industry by sharing news stories that are relevant to your followers. – Showcase the people who work for you. Your team members are your silent salespeople.
Showcase the people behind your business with photos or videos. – Share a behind-the-scenes look at your business.
Post photos or videos that show your business in action.
Why is your Bio so important?
Your Instagram bio is the first thing that potential followers see as they scroll through their feeds. It’s also the first opportunity to engage your existing followers and attract new ones.
So, it’s essential that you get it right. A great bio can help you stand out from the crowd and increase the number of likes, comments, and followers you get. Your bio is an opportunity to inspire your followers to engage with you.
This can include purchasing your products, following you on other social media channels, commenting on your posts, or simply liking and/or sharing them with their followers.
Engagement is a key metric used by Instagram to determine your account’s ranking in the “recommended for you” section.
30 examples of great brands on Instagram
When you’re looking for ideas for your Instagram bio, one good place to start is to look at what other brands are doing.
Here are 30 examples of great brands on Instagram that you can use as inspiration for your own Instagram bio.
ASOS – “We love fashion, and we want everyone to feel great in what they wear.”
Bumble – “Introducing Bumble, a new way to meet, date, and make friends.”
BuzzFeed – “Find out what’s next in culture, news, music, videos, and quizzes.”
FitTea – “We” re the tea that transforms your life”. General Electric – “GE brings a new kind of energy to business.”
Golden Harvest – “We create unforgettable memories”.
HotelTonight – “The best last-minute deals in hotels, vacation rentals, and even yurts”.
Instagram – “The best place to discover what’s happening around the world right now.”
J.Crew – “Style is the way you shop, the way you look, and the way you live.” Krave
Jerky – “We’re not just a snack, we’re a state of mind.”
Lululemon – “Because yoga should be for everybody.”
Moz – “Helping you grow your business online.”
Nike – “Bringing inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.”
Old Spice – “If you’re not fresh, we don’t deserve your business.”
Panera Bread – “Food as it should be: wholesome, natural, and made from scratch.”
Poshmark – “Your closet, reimagined.” Roku – “The best choice in streaming.”
Runtastic – “Your running partner, tracking your workouts and measuring your progress to reach your goals.”
Speed Freak – “Helping you get there faster.”
Stan – “The future of streaming is here.”
StubHub – “The Official ticket marketplace.” Whole Foods – “Food, health, and wellness at their best.”
15 types of content to post in 2022
These are some of the top types of content you can post on Instagram in 2022 to engage your followers and increase your engagement. –
- Behind-the-scenes posts – These can be about your work, a product you’re currently promoting, or an event you’re attending. –
- Reposts – Find posts relevant to your business and repost them, replacing the original poster’s username with your own. This will help you attain the same level of exposure. –
- Content (and product) launch posts – Announce new products, features, or services to your followers as soon as they’re available. This will encourage them to engage with your posts and interact with your brand. –
- Giveaways – Giveaways are a great way to increase your engagement and followers as they’re an easy way to get new people to engage with your business.
- – Live video – If you’re hosting an event or want to give your followers an inside look at your work, consider streaming it live. This is an excellent way to engage your followers and establish yourself as an authority in your field. –
- Behind-the-scenes (or in-person) videos – These videos are ideal for brands that have a physical presence, such as museums and retail locations. –
- Polls – Create polls that are related to your business or industry and encourage your followers to take part. This is a great way to spark conversation. –
- Customer service posts – Show your followers that you care about them by responding to their questions and comments on your posts. This will help establish you as a thought leader in your industry. –
- Research – Research your industry to find out what people are talking about and what their pain points are. This will help you provide better solutions and engage with your followers. –
- Industry trends – Stay up to date on your industry to know what products and services are being used, what people are talking about, and what your competitors are doing. This will help you stay relevant. –
- Contests – Host regular contests, especially around holidays and special events, to increase engagement and follower numbers. – Visual storytelling – Create narrative visual stories that tell a story and inspire your followers. These are great ways to get noticed and engage with your followers.
19 types of businesses to promote on Instagram
These are some of the top types of businesses you can promote on Instagram in 2022. –
Architecture – Architecture is a visual industry, which makes it ideal for Instagram. Post photos of your latest projects as well as behind-the-scenes shots. – Beauty
14 words and phrases you should include in your bio
– Author – This might seem obvious, but it’s important to let people know who you are. If you’re a brand, you’ll also want to make it clear what business you’re in. –
Book – If you’re an author, or have written a book, include the title in your bio. This will help people find each other, and may even encourage new followers who are interested in your work. –
Creative – If your Instagram is a creative project, or you’re a creative person, this is a great word to include. –
Curator – If you curate content, or a specific type of content, for your feed, let people know. If you run a specific type of account, like a fashion, travel, or
photography account, be sure to include the words “curator” or “collector” in your bio. –
Founder – If you run a specific type of business, include the word “founder” in your bio. –
Graphic designer – If you are a graphic designer, include this in your bio. –
Photographer – If you’re a photographer, use this in your bio. – Social media
manager – If you manage social media accounts for a living, include this in your bio. –
Travel blogger – If you run a travel blog, use this in your bio. If you simply write about travel for your feed, you can also use the word “traveler.”
10 words and phrases you should never use in your bio
– Cheap – There are plenty of other ways to promote sales, like in your posts and your cover photo.
And if you’re offering a cheap product, this word will only cheapen your brand. – Coupon – It’s also not a good idea to offer coupons in your bio.
This is a word people will only associate with cheap sales. –
Discount – Similar to coupons and sales, this is not a subtle way to promote your
business. – Sale – Again, don’t use the word “sale” or “discount.” There are plenty of other ways to promote sales, like in your posts and your cover photo. –
Shop – Similarly, don’t include “shop” or “online store.” Again, there are plenty of other ways to promote your product. –
Offer – Similarly to coupons, sales, and shop, offer is a very sales-y word. – Price – Don’t include the word “price” in your bio. It’s rarely a good idea to include a price in your bio because it’s uncertain.
14 hashtags to include in your Bio
– Branded hashtags – If you have branded hashtags on your feed that have no real value, include them in your bio. This is actually a good place for them since they will likely appear in searches for your brand. –
Content-specific hashtags – If you have branded hashtags that are related to your feed, include them in your bio. You will either appear in searches for the hashtag or be able to use the hashtag in future posts.
18 emoji suggestions for your Insta Bio
– A book – If you’re an author, or have written a book, include the book emoji in your bio. This will help people find each other, and may even encourage new followers who are interested in your work.
– A camera – If you’re a photographer, include the camera emoji in your bio.
– A computer – If you work in technology, include the computer emoji in your bio. –
A heart – If you’re a travel blogger, or just have a travel-related feed, include the heart emoji in your bio.
– A microphone – If you run a podcast, or talk about audio content, include the microphone emoji in your bio.
– A globe – If you travel, or have a travel-related feed, include the globe emoji in your bio.
– A pencil – If you’re a writer, include the pencil emoji in your bio.
– A phone – If you’re a social media manager, include the phone emoji in your bio.
Remember, your Instagram bio is a chance to showcase who you are and what you do. It’s the first thing people see when they follow you, so it’s a great way to Remember, that your Instagram bio is a chance to showcase who you are and what you do.
It’s the first thing people see when they follow you, so it’s a great way to make a good first impression. Use these examples as inspiration for your own bio, and make sure you stand out from the crowd.
Check Out more related articles: